Job Number: CL-Job-145
Job Location: Eatontown, NJ
The Laboratory Coordinator play a crucial role in the execution of clinical research protocols. The overriding purpose of this position is to process and store study biospecimens and assists the operations teams in the growing needs of the studies’ additional lab-related requests.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• The position requires at least a bachelor’s degree in applied science.
• IATA Dangerous Goods Shipping Certification preferred or candidate must be willing to obtain certification during training
• Must have knowledge of GCP / GLP, good analytical judgment and the ability to work under pressure.
• Close attention to detail is also essential for laboratory personnel because small differences or changes in test substances or numerical readouts can be crucial.
• Manual dexterity and normal color vision are highly desirable
• Widespread use of automated laboratory equipment, and computer skills (WORD and EXCEL) are important.
• BCLS certification is required.
• Provide instruction and guidance to research assistants in lab safety, protocols and procedures related to conducting experiments.
• Purchase materials and supplies needed to conduct active studies. Maintain inventory records.
• Maintain laboratory facility in safe, clean and organized manner.
• Update and develop instructional related materials applicable to active studies
• Monitor lab equipment performance and usage; maintain equipment as required.
• Develop and on approval implement laboratory policy and procedures.
• May oversee the work of research assistants within the laboratory.
• Collect and process biological specimens including blood, urine, feces according to SOPs, GCPs and study protocols
• Perform venipuncture, as needed.
• Label tubes and prepare study racks. Quality check tubes and racks
• Inventory, package and ship samples to other laboratories
• Maintain and calibrate automated analyzers, laboratory equipment, freezers, refrigerators, and microscopes.
• Maintain quality control of lab processes and equipment.
• Other duties as assigned
Between Corporate New York site and New Jersey sites, as needed.