Job Number: CL-Job-008
Job Location: Eatontown, NJ
THIS IS A PER DIEM POSITION – EARLY START, EVENINGS AND WEEKEND SHIFTS
The Research Assistant (RA) is responsible for assisting with document management, protocol related clinical assessments of research subjects, laboratory functions and assisting in tasks related to the work of the Clinical Research Coordinators.
- Entering subject information into one or more databases
- Maintenance of database information· Assisting in subject visits, including direct contact with subjects, processing of visit data, ensuring the completeness and integrity of source documents and case report forms (CRFs), and other related duties.
- Preparation for office/laboratory visits (i.e., “set-up”)
- Reading and understanding study protocols
- Participation in a clinical preceptor ship whereby training in clinical skills will be provided by a research clinician or experienced technician. Clinical skills which will be expected after training include phlebotomy, vital sign measurement, performing ECGs, and assessment of general health.
- Performing clinical assessments of study subjects as per protocol, as delegated by PI, and under the direct supervision of a licensed clinician. These assessments include, but are not limited to, collecting VS, performing ECG and venipuncture, etc.
- All work is done in accordance with Good Clinical Practices (GCPs), Corporate Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and principles set forth in the CFR 21 and ICH guidelines.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- The position requires at least a high school diploma or equivalent, but individuals with college degrees or advanced degrees are preferred.
- The RA must possess excellent clerical skills, good interpersonal skills, and must be able to provide accurate documentation of his or her work.
- The clinical research assistant must be willing to learn and be able to develop proficiency at clinical skills including phlebotomy, vital sign measurements, and performing ECGs under the preceptor ship of a research clinician or experienced research technician. Previous experience or knowledge of such clinical skills is preferred.
- Other duties as assigned