Last updated: 28 January 2022
Our Commitment To Privacy
Scope of this Policy
Information We Collect
We may collect the following categories of personal information from you or about you, including:
- Research Volunteer Contact and Demographic Information. We may collect information such as your name, address, email address, phone number, fax number, job title, organization or company name, and other information you choose to submit to us through the Site. If you express interest in becoming a study volunteer with us, we also collect your date of birth, the type of study you are interested in, and any additional comments you may choose to submit. We may share your contact information with our vendors as described in the sections titled “How We Collect and Use Information” and “How We May Disclose Information.” If you express interest in becoming a study volunteer, we may also collect the information described in the following paragraph, titled “Research Volunteer Health Information,” for the reasons described in that paragraph and subject to the limitations in it
- Research Volunteer Health Information. We may collect sensitive personal information about you, such as your height and weight, your ethnicity, data related to your health, physical samples including blood and tissues, and/or your genetic data. Clinilabs has increased protections and restrictions in place when collecting, processing, and disclosing this category of personal information. If you provide this information, we store this information in a recruitment database and will use it to determine if you may qualify for a research study that we conduct. We do not share this information with our business partners or clients without your informed consent. Please see the section titled “Research Volunteer Information” for more information.
- Investigator Research Experience and Areas of Interest. If you register to become a member of the Clinilabs investigator registry, we also collect information related to your institution as well as professional training and research experience, such as contact information for your research coordinator/director, facility type, institutional review board information, as well as therapeutic areas of interest.
- Employment Applicant Data. If you apply for a job with us, we will collect information in connection with your application, such as your resume, education, employment history, and any other materials you may submit in conjunction with your application.
Anonymous or De-identified Data
How We Collect and Use Information
We may collect personal information from the following sources, including:
- Online communities and forums. We may collect personal information when you engage with our online communities, blogs, and forums, including any information you may provide through your interaction with or participation in our social media pages and groups. Please note that online forums may be publicly accessible and other users may view information you post in the forums and may also be subject to different or multiple privacy statements. We encourage you to exercise care in deciding what information and content you wish to disclose on the areas of the Site that are accessible to the general public.
- Volunteer and Investigator Registration. We collect personal information when you express interest in being a volunteer or register to become a member of the Clinilabs investigator registry.
- Job Applications. If you choose to apply for employment with us, we will collect personal information in connection with your application.
- to maintain, administer, develop, and improve the Site and its content and services, including to better tailor the features, performance, and support of our Site; for statistical and analytics purposes; and for marketing and advertising purposes;
- to contact and communicate with you, including to address and respond to inquiries or requests;
- to coordinate and administer registrations for, and participation in, research studies and participation in our investigator registry, which may include communicating with individuals who have expressed interest in being a study volunteer to coordinate their participation in studies or to notify them of new study opportunities;
- to administer the recruitment process and assess applications for employment;
- for fraud, loss, and other crime prevention purposes, to assist in the investigation of suspected illegal or wrongful activity, and to protect and defend our rights, interests, and property, or the rights or safety of third parties;
- to enforce or comply with agreements or to comply with laws, regulators, court orders, or other legal obligations, or pursuant to legal process.
In addition, if you are volunteering for a clinical trial or study, please see the section titled “Research Volunteer information” for more information on how your information may be used.
How We May Disclose Information
We may disclose personal information to the following categories of entities, including:
- To contractors, service providers, vendors, and other third parties we use to support our business and provide the Services, including for technical and processing functions, technical support, and analytics, for coordinating participation in studies or communication with individuals who have expressed interest in being a study volunteer, and for our direct marketing and advertising purposes.
We may also disclose personal information for the following reasons, including:
- Legal and Compliance. To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, and to enforce agreements and to assert and defend against legal claims.
- Protection of Rights and Interests. If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of our company or other third parties, and to investigate, detect, or prevent against fraud or other illegal activity.
In addition, if you are volunteering for a clinical trial or study, please see the section titled “Research Volunteer information” for more information on how your information may be disclosed.
Research Volunteer Information
We store information we collect from you in a recruitment database and may use it to determine if you might qualify for research studies that we may conduct. We also may use your information to contact you regarding participation in our studies and to send you study-related emails, text messages, mailings, and newsletters. Please see our Volunteer Info FAQ and online volunteer sign-up page for more information about how we may use your information as a volunteer.
We will not share your information submitted in connection with being a research volunteer on a research study we conduct on behalf of a business partner or client without your consent.
Bases for Processing
- To perform our contractual obligations to you, including to fulfil your request for services, or to take steps in response to information or inquiries you may submit prior to entering into a contract with us.
- To comply with laws, regulations, court orders, or other legal obligations, or pursuant to legal process. We will verify whether and to what extent we are legally obligated to share your personal information.
- For our legitimate interests, including to operate our organization and provide the Site and services. We will not process personal information pursuant to our legitimate interests where we believe such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the individual.
- To protect the vital interests of you or of another person.
- For the performance of tasks carried out in the public interest.
- With consent, where we are not already authorized to process the personal information under applicable law.
Cookies, as well as other tracking technologies, such as HTML5 local storage and similar mechanisms, may record information such as a unique identifier, information you enter in a form, IP address, and other categories of data. We may also use web beacons or “pixels,” such as for analytics purposes. We may use these technologies to collect information, such as IP address, screen resolution, browser software, and operating system types, clickstream patterns, dates and times that our site is accessed, and other categories of data. We may also automatically collect certain data about your device, such as information about your web browser, time zone, mobile device ID, model, manufacturer, operating system, version information, carrier-related information, and IDs related to the hardware in your phone as well as the network to which the device is connected, mobile phone number, application-specific and instance-specific identifiers, and location information.
To learn more about this type of advertising and how to opt-out of this form of advertising, you may either visit http://www.aboutads.info to opt-out of sites and services participating in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) self-regulatory program, or visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ to opt-out of this form of advertising by members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). Note that electing to opt-out will not stop advertising from appearing in your browser or applications, although it may make the ads you see less relevant to your interests. This opt-out works through cookies set on a particular browser, so if you delete cookies from a web browser, or use a different browser, you will need to opt out again. Your choice to opt out on a particular browser or device will apply only to the collection and use of information from that particular browser or device. Opting out on a particular device will not opt you out of information collection on other devices, nor will it limit cross-device sharing on those other devices. If you use different browsers on a device or multiple devices, for each browser and device you wish to opt out, please opt out each device and browser separately.
If you want to block or delete cookies, you should take the necessary steps within your web browser’s settings. Please note that if you choose to delete or block cookies, certain parts of our Site may not function correctly. For information on how to disable cookies, refer to your browser’s settings and instructions.
Our Site currently uses Google Analytics. Please read How Google uses information from sites or apps that use our services for information about how Google Analytics collects and processes data. If you wish to opt out of Google Analytics, please click here.
Social Network Widgets
Our Site may include social network sharing widgets that may provide information to their associated social networks or third parties about your interactions with our web pages that you visit, even if you do not click on or otherwise interact with the plug-in or widget. Information is transmitted from your browser and may include an identifier assigned by the social network or third party, information about your browser type, operating system, device type, IP address, and the URL of the web page where widget appears. If you use social network tools or visit social networking sites, we encourage you to read their privacy disclosures to learn what information they collect, use, and share.
Do Not Track
Do-Not-Track is a public-private initiative that has developed a “flag” or signal that an Internet user may activate in the user’s browser software to notify websites that the user does not wish to be “tracked” by third-parties as defined by the initiative. Please note that the Site does not alter its behavior or use practices when we receive a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
Data Subject Rights Regarding Personal Information
Subject to applicable law, you may have the following rights regarding your personal information, including the right to request confirmation from us as to whether or not we are processing your personal information. Where we are processing your personal information, subject to applicable law, you may also have the right to:
- Request access to, modification of, or correction of your personal information. You may have the right to request access to, modification of, or correction of your personal information. You may also have the right to correct factual errors in your personal information by sending us a request that credibly shows the error.
- Request deletion of your personal information. You may have the right to request that we delete the personal information that we have collected about you.
- Request restriction of processing. You may have the right to request that we restrict processing of your personal information in certain circumstances, such as where you believe that the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or that our processing is unlawful.
- Data portability. In certain circumstances, you may have the right to receive the personal information concerning you that you provided to us or to request that we transmit your personal information to another data controller.
- Lodge a Complaint. You may have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, should Clinilabs not handle your complaint to your satisfaction. Please contact us first so that we may address your concerns consistent with the standards set forth in this policy. If you are located in the United Kingdom, the supervisory authority may be contacted here; and if you are located in the European Economic Area, you can locate contact information for the relevant supervisory authority here.
To exercise your rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, the above rights may be subject to various exclusions and exceptions under the law, and, under certain circumstances, certain data elements may not be subject to access, modification, portability, restriction, and/or deletion. Furthermore, where permissible, we may charge for this service. We will respond to reasonable requests as soon as practicable and as required by law. Clinilabs reserves the right to decline to handle requests that are frivolous, unreasonable, or made in bad faith. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take steps to verify your identity before responding to your request.
Updating Your Communications Preferences and Withdrawing Consent
If you would like to stop receiving newsletters or other marketing or promotional messages, notifications, or updates, you may do so by following the unsubscribe instructions that appear in these e-mail communications, or you may contact us at email@example.com to opt-out of direct marketing. Please be advised that you may not be able to opt-out of receiving certain service or transactional messages from us, including legal notices. If you wish to stop receiving SMS/text messages, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org that includes your mobile phone number or reply “STOP” to a SMS/text message. Please be advised that you may not be able to opt-out of receiving certain service or transactional messages from us, including legal notices.
Please note that if you do not provide consent, if you withdraw your consent or object to processing, or if you choose not to provide certain personal information, we may be unable to provide some or all of our services.
Clinilabs is committed to maintaining the confidentiality and privacy of the information you have shared with us. We have put in place reasonable technical, organizational, and physical measures to safeguard and secure the information we collect against accidental or intentional access, disclosure, destruction, loss, or other data incident. Please note, however, we cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with the storage and transmission of personal information.
We do not collect or maintain information from those we actually know are under 18, and no part of our website is intended to be directed at anyone under 18. If you become aware that a minor has provided us with personal information, please contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware that a minor has provided us with personal information without appropriate consent, we will take steps to remove the data as permitted by law.
Transfer of Data
Please note that if you are visiting the Site from outside of the United States, your information may be transferred to, stored, and/or processed in the United States. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. If you are located outside of the United States, the transfer of personal information may be necessary to provide you with the requested information and services and/or to perform any requested transaction. By accessing or using any portion of the Site, you acknowledge and consent to the transfer of your information to our facilities in the United States. For individuals located in the EEA or the United Kingdom, we encourage you to familiarize yourself with your rights regarding data transfer under applicable EEA or UK laws and regulations.
Links to Other Sites
We will retain your personal information for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we obtained the personal information, including to provide the services, or for such longer period as may be required or permitted by applicable law. We will also retain your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements and policies. We use the following criteria to set our retention periods: (i) the duration of our relationship with you; (ii) the purposes for processing your personal information and associated legal bases; (iii) the existence of a legal obligation as to the retention period; (iv) our contractual obligations; and (v) the advisability of retaining the information in light of our legal position (for example, applicable statutes of limitations, litigation, or regulatory investigations).
How To Contact Us
Clinilabs Drug Development Corporation
Attn: Privacy Officer
4 Industrial Way West
Eatontown, New Jersey